Ebooks for Real Estate Agents
Ebooks are a comfortable alternative to physical books. There are tons of different formats suitable for various devices and reading programs. It’s an easy way to read books, especially when you’re on the road. And let’s admit it; real estate agents are always on the road.
Ebooks are not only a great way to expand your knowledge but also a very easy way to share it.
Most importantly, these experiences are practical, relived by professionals, and measured in years of perfecting the craft. We all know it is one thing to read and completely another thing to do. By sharing your experience, you help your fellow real estate agents, as well as buyers and sellers, to simplify their experience with the real estate industry. We all know how daunting it can be buying, selling, and representing clients.
Starting writing your first ebook can be an intimidating process. But as we all know, these types of projects are better done than perfect. In this article, we will guide you through writing and perfecting your first ebook and we hope will provide a load of helpful tips.
Let’s get started.
Write About Your Niche
It’s hard to summarize all your thoughts in one book. The real estate agent’s experience is vast. If you will focus on many different things at the same time, you might confuse the reader. One of the topics you can write about is your niche. There are two ways you can approach this topic: from agents perspective of buyers or sellers (to help your clients), or from the agent’s perspective (to help your fellow real estate agents). You will notice that this approach is applicable to many suggestions we will provide you within this article.
Your experience working within one niche is unique, and no one else has the same experience as you. Most importantly, there is a higher chance you will be pioneering in writing about your specific niche. Why? Because you’ll notice other real estate agents are more focused on the general real estate industry while writing-books. So, instead of competing with already successful real estate agents, try to be a pioneer and take a risk. Write about your niche, and venture where few have gone before.
While writing a book, make sure you include as much practical knowledge as possible while still staying entertaining. How can you do it? By including real stories that showcase the problems real estate agents might face in this niche. Remember to change names of any clients you mention, or atleast ask permission first.
Social Media, Marketing, Communication With Clients
Real estate agents are professionals that wear many hats, including social media, marketing, promoting, and let’s not forget communication with clients. The topics we listed above can also become the main topic for your ebook. Real estate agents are interested in successful marketing and communication techniques especially applied to real-life cases.
If you are wondering how to write a 100-page ebook if your writing skills are not so proficient, don’t worry. Even 10 or 20 pages is considered an ebook. Start slowly and improve your style over time.
The Outline of the Ebook
Here, we present an approximate guide to the ebook outline. Remember, this outline can be tailored to your goals.
- Cover– Generally the cover is the first part of the ebook table of contents. Creating a cover is easy nowadays. There are tons of templates that can be customized. Canva is one of the many online tools that helps you to easily create great designs with ready customizable templates.
- Title Page– The title page includes the name of the ebook, author’s name, year of publication, and publishing house or where it was posted.
- Copyright Page– Here, you can include your copyright claims, including the ISBN number of your ebook.
- Introduction– With an introduction, you give a general idea to your readers what your book is about.
- Acknowledgments– In this part, you can thank people who helped you to write your ebook.
- Chapter Index– You can indicate just the number of your chapters or add the title of the chapters as well. If you have subsections of chapters or subchapters, make sure they are distinguishable. For example, you can use a different font size.
- Conclusion– The conclusion can be done differently. You can summarize the ebook. Some authors add reviews in the conclusion.
Format and Converting Your Real Estate Ebook
There are different ways you can format your ebook. As professionals, the main point is to not overcrowd your book if you’re using images and to use a font that will be easily readable. Check out this article The Psychology of Font and How to Use It in Your Real Estate Logo to learn more about some fonts.
Using images is a plus. It helps to visualize your point and make your ebook more entertaining and engaging.
One of the big pluses of the ebook is that you can insert hyperlinks and link your website for examples. It’s an easy way to make any document more in-depth and to entice your readers with targeted additions.
How Can You Publish Your Ebook?
There are different ways you can approach this subject. Amazon KDP, Kobo Writing Life, Nookpress, iTunes Connect, and iTunes Producer for iBooks are all direct publishing sites. We won’t talk much about the process of publishing on these platforms. You can find plenty of blogs and instructions on their websites as well. If you have additional questions, you can also contact the support team of these websites.
But if you’re uncomfortable doing the work to publish your ebook on many sites, there are websites that can take responsibility for distribution. Of course, the downside of this is less control over your metadata and pricing (if you put a price on your ebook). But it’s less tedious.
There is also another way you can use your ebook, instead of publishing it on self-publishing platforms, use your own website. It’s more cost-effective since all these platforms take some commission for their services. We talked about it time and time again, the real estate website is a multifunctional platform that can serve many different needs real estate agents have. Publishing your ebook on your website is easy. Create a landing page for your ebook and a sign-up form. If it’s free, your clients will receive it on their email after completing the form. If you want to price your ebook, you will need to set up a Paypal button on your website.
We suggest using your ebook as a free marketing ”magnet” for gaining more traffic as well as increasing your visibility and your email list. We all know how important email marketing is for real estate agents, and the ebook is one of the creative ways of getting real client data.
Promote Your Ebook
After a long process of writing, formatting, and converting your ebook, it’s time to promote it. We will briefly talk about what are some ways you can promote it:
- Social media- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube—leverage all your social media accounts to promote the launch of your ebook. General posts, stories, and ads are a great way to let people know about the ebook.
- Your own real estate website – We already mentioned how you can publish an ebook on the real estate website by creating a landing page. You can also promote it on your website as well. By creating a banner notifying visitors about your ebook, or creating blog posts, explaining what your ebook is about and what the benefit of reading it is.
P.S Take a look at our own ebook that we just published. We tried to simplify the complex topics of on-page and off-page SEO. Check out SEO ebook and Realtyna Publications. Just sign up and the ebook will be instantly sent to your email.