How to add MLS/IDX to Wix website with MLS Router™
WIX has been one of the most popular CMSs for building a real estate website. It provides a unique web builder that offers a good range of functionalities for real estate agents and brokers. Another advantage of WIX is the flexibility with designs and templates.
Now, for the majority of real estate agents and brokers in the US and Canada, the ability to integrate live, accurate MLS data is key to their success. They need such data for a couple of reasons:
- Benefit from all the SEO credit given to organic, indexed listings
- Reliable data that is only available in MLS Listings
- RESO Standards which outline the MLS Data distribution in the market
For years, WIX community hasn’t offered any native integration for this purpose. Most available solutions are simple templates and Iframes, which do not provide any SEO value.
Before we get into the details of how this works, let’s find out more about MLS Router™ API:
You can learn more about it and request a demo key here:
You can access documentation here:
How to Build A Real Estate IDX Website with WIX
Realtyna’s MLS Router™ API supports integrations with WIX. This integration allows for organic flow of MLS listings on your WIX website. Here is what the set up looks like:
Step One: Obtain Your MLS API Key
Access to MLS listings require approval from respective MLSs. First, you need to contact us so we can initiate your approval process. You must be an active member of the MLS to receive the approval. Our MLS department will assist with the process.
Step Two: Setup Your WIX Integration
Once the approval is received, we will provide you with the necessary codes and widgets to set up your IDX integration on your WIX. Listings will:
- Automatically update on your WIX site
- There is no need for Cron jobs
The result is organic integration of MLS data on your WIX website. No iframes or template feeds are used and you will receive all the SEO credit for the listings. You can see an example of a WIX website that receives organic MLS data from MLS Router™ below:
Learn more about Realtyna’s API services here: API Hub
What is IDX and why is it important for real estate websites?
IDX stands for Internet Data Exchange. It is a system that allows real estate professionals to display listings from the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) on their websites. This means that buyers can search for homes on a real estate agent’s website and see all the same listings that they would see on a real estate website. Here are some benefits of using IDX for your real estate website:
- Increased visibility: IDX listings are displayed on Google and other search engines, which means that more buyers will see your listings.
- Improved lead generation: IDX can help you generate more leads by giving buyers a way to contact you directly from your website.
- Enhanced credibility: IDX shows that you are a legitimate real estate professional who is connected to the local MLS.
- Increased competition: IDX levels the playing field for real estate agents, giving smaller brokerages the same access to listings as larger brokerages.
For more information about IDX visit what does idx mean.
How Does IDX Help Wix Sites in Terms of SEO?
SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of improving the visibility of a website in search engine results pages (SERPs). There are many factors that affect a website’s SEO, including the content, keywords, and structure of the website.
IDX can help Wix sites in terms of SEO in a few ways:
- Increased keyword density: IDX listings typically include a variety of keywords that are relevant to the real estate market. This can help to increase the keyword density of a Wix site, which is a factor that search engines consider when ranking websites.
- Improved backlinks: IDX listings are often linked to from other real estate websites and directories. This can help to improve the backlink profile of a Wix site, which is another factor that search engines consider when ranking websites.
- More relevant traffic: IDX listings are typically more relevant to the search queries of potential buyers and sellers. This means that IDX listings are more likely to attract clicks from search engine users, which can help to improve the traffic to a Wix site.
If you have more questions or would like to learn more about organic MLS integration for WIX, feel free to contact our product experts.