The GFBOR got its charter from the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® in 1960 and finally bought the Jennings Homestead in 1973, which was the first house to be rebuilt on July 7, 1779.
The GFBOR was established as the Fairfield Board of REALTORS® and housed the Fairfield Multiple Listing Service’s printing shop at its Round Hill Road location. Property listings were printed three times a week, and representatives would drive into the parking lot and pick up their copies in the “mailroom” the next morning. They changed their name to the Greater Fairfield Board of REALTORS® as their membership increased. The association’s printing shop was redundant with the introduction of the internet, and members now have the luxury of subscribing to a variety of external multiple listing providers. The GFBOR serves as a hub for the state’s two primary multiple listing services (MLSs).
GBFBOR is dedicated to fostering professionalism when advocating for real estate interests, the protection of real property rights, and community engagement in order to provide services to its members.
- Bridgeport Board of Realtors
- Mid-Fairfield County Association of Realtors
- Greater Fairfield Board of Realtors
- New Haven Association of Realtors
- Valley Association of Realtors
- Ridgefield Board of Realtors
- Stamford Board of Realtors
- New milford Board of Realtors
- Newtown Board of Realtors